There are so many items that I throw away everyday! I got to thinking, "What can I use this for?" before I would toss an item out. I had a stack of newspapers and I googled ways to recycle it. There was an article I found here (http://www.ehow.com/how_4443089_make-jewelry-paper.html) about how to make paper jewelry. I cut a few long strips of newspaper and laid them out on my craft space. I used rubber stamps and ink to apply color and designs onto the newspaper. Then, I brushed on some easycast epoxy. It is a liquid mix that dries to a clear hard coat. It is available at Walmart.com as well as most craft stores. I just brushed it on with an old paintbrush and let it dry. Then I glued velcro onto each end and this is what it looks like...Sorry about the quality..my phone sucks at picture taking...
I can't wait to make sum more. I cut some newspaper strips and made a paste from tacky glue, mod podge, flour, and water. I brushed the paste onto the newspaper and wrapped it around several different containers including a 2 liter bottle and a cooking spray coated candle jar. (to keep it from sticking, worked well as it slid right off after it dried). So now I have 3 bracelets that need to be decorated. I will post as soon as I finish them!!! Please feel free to email me any of your own projects and I can post them on here as well! Just email them to me at getittogetherbekah@gmail.com!!!! Happy Crafting!


No comments:
Post a Comment