Wow! I came across an instructable for pop tab bracelets while searching how to recycle pop tabs. This is a super easy project and very quick. It took me about 15-20 minutes to complete my bracelet. The instructions can be found here: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/pop_tab_bracelet
First, I measured my string, 36 inches. If you use elastic cord then you can decrease the amount to about 30 inches depending on your wrist size. I used scotch tape to wrap the ends of my string so it would not unravel. Shoe strings would be perfect to use for this project!!!
Then I followed instructions on how to thread it and began to make the bracelet. On one side it will have X's and on the other side it will have ='s. Like this...
After measuring the bracelet to see if it would fit my wrist I finished it off (according to the instructions) and it looked like this! X's on one side and ='s on the other.
I counted the pop tabs that I used and there were 22!
This would make an excellent craft for teens! I am going to take the supplies to work and make them on my breaks. My husband and I are planning a trip in August, so I may take a little ziploc baggie with me and make some of these in the car!!! They are so easy and you can experiment with them so much. You can try adding beads as you thread the tabs together. You can use different colors and types of strings and elastic. I am going to try hemp and embroidery thread. I have plenty of both from previous projects. Here is a photo of "Bella" wearing her pop tab bracelet!!!
How cool is that?
Until next time....Good luck and happy crafting! God Bless!







No comments:
Post a Comment